RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

LianLi Cases

awraynor

So LianLi is well loved by builders on this forum.

However, I didn't know there was a market for a case

such as this?

It looks like a blower used in a mechanics garage.

As my Wife would say..."when does need have to do with anything". There are a few shops in Seoul that sell those exotic Lian-Li cases and they are something to behold.

A bit over the top there. I would like a black version of the wedge case next to it though...

So LianLi is well loved by builders on this forum.

However, I didn't know there was a market for a case

such as this?

It looks like a blower used in a mechanics garage.

Sorry to say, but I hate this kind of crap. It limits the functionality. My view is that, if you have to trade off functionality for form, you've haven't worked hard enough on it.

More than likely, this is a special project build for a trade show, exhibition, etc. However, if the market is there, they will sell them.

I saw this case, The PC-X1000 a week ago down in Seoul and it is a monster! (bottom left hand corner of the site)

@jm wills. You are correct, I think that case is bigger than my car.

Remember, for a lot of gamers it is style and functionality takes a back seat.

Not the first time I saw a LianLi case that was totally out there. Interesting to say the least...not a case I see myself getting.

Guest no-control

Ahhh yes the new PC-U6B aka the mini conch. While you may not like the look. Lian Li has been known to create special edition or anniversary cases that are functional interpretations of other "art".

The original Conch was the PC-777B and was inspired by the B&W speakers of the same era. It was huge I'm talking 800D is a mid tower huge!

Another "concept" case was the PC-888 again inspired by the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

While not everyone likes these exotic concept cases where function and form are given equal weight. They are neat and bit comical and deserve a bit of credit for even trying. Thelevel 10 case from Thermaltake was similar exercise and like the above was either a love it or hate concept.

Ahhh yes the new PC-U6B aka the mini conch. While you may not like the look. Lian Li has been known to create special edition or anniversary cases that are functional interpretations of other "art".

The original Conch was the PC-777B and was inspired by the B&W speakers of the same era. It was huge I'm talking 800D is a mid tower huge!

Another "concept" case was the PC-888 again inspired by the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai.

While not everyone likes these exotic concept cases where function and form are given equal weight. They are neat and bit comical and deserve a bit of credit for even trying. Thelevel 10 case from Thermaltake was similar exercise and like the above was either a love it or hate concept.

I think the Thermaltake was a great blend of form and function; form that enhances function.