RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lightroom 3 on Amazon

Dave

Hey Photogs,

Amazon just sent me a coupon for $100 off of Adobe Lightroom 3 if purchased from Amazon and they supply it. I checked it out and it was $179 for version 3. Added to my cart and bam, it's $79 bucks. Seems like a good deal to me. Comes for Win and OSX. Here is the catch. It says ships, 1 to 2 months. WTF is up with that?

Still a good deal? Is this the latest and greatest version? I like the fact that I have the choice of platform and don't have to purchase it on two separate formats. Await your superior photographic minds to offer opinions.

You can also install on a desktop and a laptop for your use. This has by far been the best program I have encountered for photo editing. I would suggest you get a book like one of the Adobe Classroom in a Book series for Lightroom. You won't regret and will be able to get the best use of the program...it is a little intimidating when you first open the program.

DANG! Even the $179 price is a good deal. Is this for the full version? If so, that normally runs $299.

While Photoshop is still an incredible program and if possible any photographer should get a copy. More and more I am recommending that if you can get only one, get Lightroom. I find that 95% of the time, I never need Photoshop for my images.

So, if this is a deal for the full version, RUN OUT AND GET IT! Not sure what the 2 MONTHS thing is, that sounds funny. Are they going to walk it to your house?

DANG! Even the $179 price is a good deal. Is this for the full version? If so, that normally runs $299.

While Photoshop is still an incredible program and if possible any photographer should get a copy. More and more I am recommending that if you can get only one, get Lightroom. I find that 95% of the time, I never need Photoshop for my images.

So, if this is a deal for the full version, RUN OUT AND GET IT! Not sure what the 2 MONTHS thing is, that sounds funny. Are they going to walk it to your house?

I agree...I used to use Photoshop and Bridge for my photos...now it is easily 90%+ with Lightroom only. I am also lucky that my wife is a teacher and I get the educational discounts. Think I purchased both Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5 for under $300

Same here. Wife is a teacher and I got Lightroom pretty cheap! Now I am looking to get the full Nik software suite using the educational discount.

How about a group purchase on that full Nik software?

If I gotta buy a book to run LW3 then forgetaboutit! I'll never get around to figuring it out. Stick with Photoshop CS5 or say the heck with it and pay the 79 bux and hope it arrives before the end of summer?

I bought a Lightroom book, but have not opened it yet. In many ways, Lightroom is more intuitive than Photoshop. I would not blow a chance to get Lightroom at $79. Although I don't understand the 2 month shipping thing!

Group purchase on Nik? How does that work?

I mean include us when you purchase software with that sweet student rate!

Sadly the student rate usually only allows for the purchase of the software once per year per copy. The Adobe requirements really became strict this past year with me sending copies of my wifes pay stub (amounts blacked out) and school ID to Gradware.com and then once I receive the software I needed to get authorization from Adobe by submitting the same information for a whole new activation code.

OK. I do enjoy the discounts she gets me. I need to buy FileCenter (document management software) first and then will work Nik into the budget. I already have the HDR program and have been using it more than Photomatix lately. Some of the other Nik software looks very interesting.