RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need some advice on Hard Drives

jcollison

Here's a third vote for the exact same setup. Installation and configuration could not have been easier.

I used the same model but got the 320Gb model which was in stock when purchased. Work good.

I've used both the WD Scorpio Black 320s and the WD Scorpio Blue 500s (BEVT), and I can honestly say that the BEVTs are superior. Even though they run at 5400RPM, they have no problems out performing many 7200RPM laptop drives. They run far cooler than the Blacks and suck up less juice.

I am going to receive an ICY DOCK MB982SPR-2S Full Metal Dual 2.5" to 3.5" SATA HDD & SSD Converter with RAID for PC & Mac Pro in the next couple days. Looking for some advice on Model and Manufacture for the 2 drives to put into in. Please add links.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994099

I use the Scorpio Black 250's as well. I've only been up and running for about a week, but no problems. When you set up the Icy dock, however, don't sit and wait for one of the LED's to go out as the instructions say. Mine never did, but the setup was fine.

I use the Scorpio Black 250's as well. I've only been up and running for about a week, but no problems. When you set up the Icy dock, however, don't sit and wait for one of the LED's to go out as the instructions say. Mine never did, but the setup was fine.

Hmm, I never read the instructions. I guess my intuition was correct because I got it in RAID 1 like I wanted.