RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 136, What do you think ?

diehard

Pull back the curtains, turn up the lights, WHS is on the store shelves! Dave, John, and Jim talk news, updates, and about Windows Home Server 2011 pricing. We also go over a home build server for 2011 and Jim’s server requirements. The meetup is scheduled for June 25th as well. Enjoy.

Windows Home Server 2011 Pricing

Drive Harmony Beta

Stablebit Scanners

Stablebit Drivepool

Snoop-de-dupe

Integrity checker

WHS Phone for Android 1.3

HP Announces SBS 2011 Server hardware

Serve the Home SBS CPU/Memory Sizing

UnRaid Part 1

Orbital Time Machine Add-In

Off topic

Ed Bott and Drobo

Photography forum

http://homeservershow.com/the-home-server-show-136.html

What do you think of this weeks podcast ?

• 5 months later...

Tried snoop-de-dupe. Didn't care for the interface, the way it handled dupes. Just my opinion.

But, it threw an exception and crashed Dashboard as it uninstalled. :( In other words, error handling needs polishing.

Tried snoop-de-dupe. Didn't care for the interface, the way it handled dupes. Just my opinion.

But, it threw an exception and crashed Dashboard as it uninstalled. :( In other words, error handling needs polishing.

Was there anything about it you liked? j/k :)

Was there anything about it you liked? j/k

Nope. n/k (haha j/k)

Sure. I like the idea of a de-duper but the interface left me with the feeling 'I don't want to mess with this.' Oh, I ran it and then let it do its de-dupe thing. But when it was supposedly finished, it still looked like there were dupes, actually all the same files and dupes it started with. I didn't understand that and didn't feel like trying to figure it out. Either way, it cannot throw an error and crash the Dashboard when I uninstall it. That's a pet peeve of mine, software that doesn't uninstall nicely.

I understand there may be times when you can only do so much as a developer before you just have to throw it our there and see how it fares. So, no hard feelings about it. If I hear there's been a major upgrade to the product I'll try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk