RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

1155 ITX board question.

yodafett

Anyone have any experiance with Zotec's H67ITX-A-E. I am looking for a new ITX motherboard to upgrade the WHS2011 from a D525 (the D525 is becoming the new Commodore64 test bench). I have been leaning toward the Gigabyte H67 board but it only has 4 onboard sata. Another board on the shortlist is one from Asus that has 6 sata ports but have been unable to find it (just the delux version with 4 sata plus wifi). When looking over the various board's specs I found this Zotec board that has 6 Sata, eSata, and wifi all built in but before going with the Zotec just wondered if anyone else had any experience.

Looks good. I'm looking at the Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3. Micro Center has it for a good price along with the SandyBridge i3. Same chipset at the Zotac, but it looks like the Zotac has 6 total SATA ports instead of the standard 4. Anybody know if you can setup Intel RAID across all 6 ports?

It does support raid across all 6. The place is to use an icy dock on 1, DVD on 1 and then a 4 drive raid 5 for data. I have been eyeing the Microcenter sale myself (would have bought it today at lunch but was raining cats and dogs so will try again tomorrow.)

I am using the Zotac H55 mITX board for my office PC and it is running well. However I am not using RAID on it. I would have gotten the Zotac H67 board for my current WHS2011 build because of all the SATA ports, but I could not wait for it and ended up with the Gigabyte H67 mITX, plus the Gigabyte is less expensive. I am using a Highpoint 2680 RAID card so did not need all of the ports anyways.

Edited by Neophyte

Anyone have any experiance with Zotec's H67ITX-A-E. I am looking for a new ITX motherboard to upgrade the WHS2011 from a D525 (the D525 is becoming the new Commodore64 test bench). I have been leaning toward the Gigabyte H67 board but it only has 4 onboard sata. Another board on the shortlist is one from Asus that has 6 sata ports but have been unable to find it (just the delux version with 4 sata plus wifi). When looking over the various board's specs I found this Zotec board that has 6 Sata, eSata, and wifi all built in but before going with the Zotec just wondered if anyone else had any experience.

Zotac is a pretty good brand and it should be fine. If you want that many ports I would suggest you use them only on mirrors. IF you were looking for raid, then consider a plug in controller instead, you will be much happier if something happens.