RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Ozpol

Win7 X64 connection problems

Ozpol

Hi Guys, Have been listening to the podcast and reading the forums for about 6-8 months now. This has led me to installing whs2011 to replace my ageing file server.

Guys, it all seems to work really well apart from one problem. I cannot connect my macbookpro which runs win7 ultimate x64 via bootcamp. When I start the connect procedure it will give me an unexpected error eveytime.

I tried the microsoft file findmyserver.exe but it does not find my server although I have drive letters mapped to the shared folders on the server. I have the MAC bound to a static IP address in the router. The router is a Draytek 2820 and all seems to work well with it.

Have tried everything that I could think of and now have really have no idea.

Guys, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the laptop is my main computer.

Many thanks in advance

krys S

cskenney

*bumped*

This post may have got overlooked so I am bringing it back up to see if anyone has any ideas.

Wol's House

I certainly missed this one and I hope it isn't too late to offer some help.

There appears to be several reasons as to why the client connector software fails to install. Please have a look at my post in another thread on this subject, specifically to identify the installation log files.

Delete (or rename) the existing log files and attempt to re-install the connector software, then post the contents of the (new) log files to this thread.

jmwills

I have seen issues where instead of running the install from the server, if you will download it locally and then install the software, that will most of the time solve some issues.