RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

View shares via, net work tree

deadspeak

Having a problem accessing the shares when RDP'd into WHS2011, i can access the shares via the homegroup tree, but if i try to access via the network tree i get an error.

I've tried stopping sharing the folders and then re-enabling but no luck. Was working fine, i can't really pinpoint anything that i done that might change this.

Any ideas would be great, thanks chaps.

Paul

Untitled-5.jpg

Having a problem accessing the shares when RDP'd into WHS2011, i can access the shares via the homegroup tree, but if i try to access via the network tree i get an error.

I've tried stopping sharing the folders and then re-enabling but no luck. Was working fine, i can't really pinpoint anything that i done that might change this.

Any ideas would be great, thanks chaps.

Paul

Untitled-5.jpg

Are you RDP'ing in as an Admin or a user? Is this an issue for all shares or just one?

Are you RDP'ing in as an Admin or a user? Is this an issue for all shares or just one?

Admin, and it is all shares.

See my reply to your question over in the WeGotServed forums - I suspect it's because you shouldn't try and mix the use of the Homegroup feature with individual user account settings.

See my reply to your question over in the WeGotServed forums - I suspect it's because you shouldn't try and mix the use of the Homegroup feature with individual user account settings.

Thanks for that, done a rebuild last night and ignored home goup, all seems okay now.