RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media Center App's/AddIns

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I built (software only) my first HTPC last night and was wondering, what are the most important app's to have. I don't have any tuners yet so I didn't purchase show analyzer yet. So far all I have added is My Movies 4 and Total Media Theater 5. I love the integration of TMT5. Works great. One thing I noticed though, was the transition from MC to TMT5 was quicker on iso's of blue-rays that it was on folder structures.

So my list is short so far but the must haves I have now, and know of are below.

My Movies

TMT5

Show Analyzer - For when I get my HDHomerun Prime

My Channel Logo's

Some weather app but I can't remember the name of it.

What is your list of must have's.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vinylfreak

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• ikon

• JediTim

YouTube and Revision3 Video Podcasts using MacroTube

Weather using HeatWave

There used to be threads dedicated to these two add-ins on the old GreenButton. But since it switched over to Windows Experts Community many of my bookmarks fail.

I have an InfiniTV 4 (first round of shipments Aug 2010) and use SA + DVRMS Toolbox. It is tricky to setup, but has given me major WAF points. I followed a combination of these guides:

Ben Drawbough's guide for commercial skipping

I use sprokers config settings for SA found here.

You will find it works for 90% of channels, but you can tweak SA by following another guide from Ben.

I use MediaBrowser for Movie & TV series rips, video podcasts, movie theater trailers, and make my own custom intros using this. I also use metabrowser for all my metadata. Jaws drop to the floor when friends come over and see my setup.

I can't stress enough how important it is to create a system image (or a few as you add things) when you have it all setup and working great.

Now if I could only get WHS2011 to behave.

I built (software only) my first HTPC last night and was wondering, what are the most important app's to have. I don't have any tuners yet so I didn't purchase show analyzer yet. So far all I have added is My Movies 4 and Total Media Theater 5. I love the integration of TMT5. Works great. One thing I noticed though, was the transition from MC to TMT5 was quicker on iso's of blue-rays that it was on folder structures.

So my list is short so far but the must haves I have now, and know of are below.

My Movies

TMT5

My Channel Logo's

Mine are really slimed down. I only use TMT5 and myMovies, that is it. Your comment on ISO makes sense as there are less files for the system to read when transitioning however I still use folders as I can rip the "junk" out and keep the footprint a bit smaller as well as not have to put up with the intro's and previews. Congrats on your new HTPC

My Movies

TMT5

My Channel Logo's

I am currently using the following on my 7MC HTPC.

MyMovies

TMT 5

Heatwave

Showanalyzer

RadioTime

Remote Potato

My Channel Logos

Astrotoys 7's Black Theme for 7MC

Virtual Clone Drive

ANYDVDHD

Recorded TVHD

Mine are really slimed down. I only use TMT5 and myMovies, that is it. Your comment on ISO makes sense as there are less files for the system to read when transitioning however I still use folders as I can rip the "junk" out and keep the footprint a bit smaller as well as not have to put up with the intro's and previews. Congrats on your new HTPC

Thanks, you would love it as it resembles one of your builds. :)

Oh yeah, I have those as well. I guess I didn't add them given they are not within MC. Thanks for adding as it is important given they add to the experience.

And Heatwave was the weather app I was trying to think of. Thanks to both of you that listed it.

Anyone using AV on their HTPC? I insted MSSE becuase I am running My Movies as a server and client so it downloads the metadata.

Pretty much the same with MyMovies, Total Medial Theater and MS Securities Essentials...that is pretty much it.

This thread didn't get near us much traffic as I expected/hoped. Maybe bumping it back to the top and to the new list will get it some additional traffic.

• 5 months later...

Where do you guys go for HTPC info? I would like a forum that the guys from the digital media zone frequent if possible.

I recently bought TMT5 but I'm not at all sure I'm taking proper advantage of it. It doesn't find most of the files I have (MM does find them). I did play a rip of Avatar BD (folder style) just fine, but most things in my library aren't listed.

Is TMT supposed to make a library like MM does?