RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS 2011 Pricing

jmwills

I guess that makes technet a no brainer :).

With all you get with TechNET it's definitely a no brainer :)

With all you get with TechNET it's definitely a no brainer :)

Though technically it's for "evaluation" purposes only.

I would like to see the product if someone orders it. Box, DVD, etc. Who will get it first.

Lastly, TechNet is for evaluation purposes. I know we have said that several times on the show but I also know we have been advocating the purchase of TechNet in order to get the server product. Putting on the Microsoft hat....don't forget your not supposed to use it for production.

I would like to see the product if someone orders it. Box, DVD, etc. Who will get it first.

Lastly, TechNet is for evaluation purposes. I know we have said that several times on the show but I also know we have been advocating the purchase of TechNet in order to get the server product. Putting on the Microsoft hat....don't forget your not supposed to use it for production.

Yep yep, the last thing we need is Microsoft to make the program go away or increase restrictions on getting a subscription. They've already cut the number of keys you get per product from 10 to 2 (keeping in mind that's actually 100 activations per SKU before you ever had to make a phone call, and every single version of Windows including the N versions is different!). It's a privilege, not a right, so don't abuse it!

Edited by dagamer34

My OEM discs arrived this morning. Currently preparing the migration from WHS V1 to WHS 2011 (for better or worse).

Though technically it's for "evaluation" purposes only.

Absolutely, Evaluation - Testing - as well as the educational resources backing from Technet.