RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can't access dashboard thru remote web access

Rensul

Remote web access to my WHS2011 works fine except for computer remote access. The home server itself does not show up in the "Computers" section. The online help indicates the dashboard is available for remote access but I'm unable to find it...

Has anyone been successful in accessing the dashboard remotely?

Thanks,

Rensul

You did see the disclaimer that clients and the server are only accessable Internet Explorer, right?

You did see the disclaimer that clients and the server are only accessable Internet Explorer, right?

Yes - I was using IE9...

I cannot get to mine because there is a SBS 2008 box sitting on that IP address and I get a certificate error. I might try to export the Cert from the test 2011 box and see if they helps.

I cannot get to mine because there is a SBS 2008 box sitting on that IP address and I get a certificate error. I might try to export the Cert from the test 2011 box and see if they helps.

I hate cert errors. I was having some problems earlier with my WHS v1 TZO cert and WHS2011... Sounds like you know what to do!

Remote web access to my WHS2011 works fine except for computer remote access. The home server itself does not show up in the "Computers" section. The online help indicates the dashboard is available for remote access but I'm unable to find it...

Has anyone been successful in accessing the dashboard remotely?

Thanks,

Rensul

I can access the server, and all the clients through the remote site. Make sure you have remote access checked on in the user profile as well as the dashboard.

I can access the server, and all the clients through the remote site. Make sure you have remote access checked on in the user profile as well as the dashboard.

That was it pcdoc. Don't know how I missed it.

Thanks!

Rensul

Finally got the remote service working on my WHS 2011 yesterday...setting up the Actiontec Router for Fios was a royal PITA. To bad my work computer prevents me from installing ActiveX to connect to my computer at home...I can access the shares but not the computers even though I can see them.

That was it pcdoc. Don't know how I missed it.

Thanks!

Rensul

Glad you got it working.

Finally got the remote service working on my WHS 2011 yesterday...setting up the Actiontec Router for Fios was a royal PITA. To bad my work computer prevents me from installing ActiveX to connect to my computer at home...I can access the shares but not the computers even though I can see them.

You should try to access from a different location and make sure that it works.

Glad you got it working.

You should try to access from a different location and make sure that it works.

I will try from a different computer that will allow me to log all the way in.