RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HDR

geek-accountant

HDR, when done with moderation is just awesome!

Really like the indoor one. An excellent example of what HDR can do. I find the clouds a bit overpowering in the outdoor shot, but it's still a good shot. The toning gives it a kind of 'classical' look.

Edited by ikon

Agree with ikon. I find the clouds somewhat distracting. However, there is almost a mystical feel to it that I like.

Also, I looked at your site and flickr, very nice images.

Wow, very nice. I liked them both. I'm still in novice land and have not attempted HDR. I haven't really seen a situation where I wanted to attempt it either.

They can be addicting, making you want to shoot almost everything in HDR.

Thanks for the compliments and critiques. I see what you guys are saying about the clouds.

As I said before, I try to avoid this kind of effect, but I noticed that when tone mapping photos shot in overcast days in Photomatix it gets a little complicated, it seems that every little adjustment you make has a great impact on the sky, and by the time you get the rest of the image looking the way you want, the sky is kind of messy.

But it's fun!

Geek-accountant you have some very nice HDRs here too! Do you have a Flickr account?

Also, I think everyone here should take a look at 500px.com, I see a lot of great photographers abandoning Flickr and moving to this new site, don't get me wrong, I love Flickr and I have no affiliation with 500px, I just like what I see there.

Edited by Silvio

I should point out that I am looking at your photos while on the deck grilling dinner and using my crap laptop from work. So that may have an impact on the true quality.

I have a flickr account, but for other reasons. My main personal site is www.mhfoto.com. There is really no portfolio there, just a bunch of sports images take under terrible conditions, and a few others. :)

Wow, very nice. I liked them both. I'm still in novice land and have not attempted HDR. I haven't really seen a situation where I wanted to attempt it either.

anywhere where you want the final photo to remind you vividly how the scene looked to your mind when you were there.

I used to think I could take good photos.................NOT anymore. These are awesome.