RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Photographers

geek-accountant

Wow, thats some old stuff there ikon. I never got into photography really until digital came around, so I never owned a non digital SLR. My father-in-law gave me a Nikon F5 or something like that, plus some of his "old" lenses. I never even turned the camera on and the only lenses he had that I was interested in was his 85mm f1.8 and his 50mm f1.4 (which needs to be sent off for adjustment).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geek-accountant

• ikon

• JDLucas

• JediTim

Wow, thats some old stuff there ikon. I never got into photography really until digital came around, so I never owned a non digital SLR. My father-in-law gave me a Nikon F5 or something like that, plus some of his "old" lenses. I never even turned the camera on and the only lenses he had that I was interested in was his 85mm f1.8 and his 50mm f1.4 (which needs to be sent off for adjustment).

yep; old, like me.... well, 'cept for the T2i ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, glad to see some more photographers on the site!

What I shoot:

Pretty much anything...

Kids/family/pets

Kids sports

Nature

Macro

Architecture

Trains

My Equipment (old):

Canon Rebel XT

Canon kit lens 18-55mm

Canon 75-300mm

ProMaster 1.6x teleconverter

A few various Filters

Cheap tripod

Cheap monopod

Here is a link to some of my better pictures on Flickr

(There are pictures of my other hobby on there as well...)

I shoot entirely RAW and just recently switched from using Photoshop Elements 7.0 to Lightroom 3.0 to organize and tweak my photos.

My equipment is in serious need of upgrading, but all of my money has gone to new computers (4 new PC's and a new WHS build to replace aging hardware).

The next lens that I will buy (hopefully sooner rather than later) is the Canon 50mm F/1.8. From what I read, it is a great lens for the price!

Later,

John

Hey guys, glad to see some more photographers on the site!

What I shoot:

Pretty much anything...

Kids/family/pets

Kids sports

Nature

Macro

Architecture

Trains

My Equipment (old):

Canon Rebel XT

Canon kit lens 18-55mm

Canon 75-300mm

ProMaster 1.6x teleconverter

A few various Filters

Cheap tripod

Cheap monopod

Here is a link to some of my better pictures on Flickr

(There are pictures of my other hobby on there as well...)

I shoot entirely RAW and just recently switched from using Photoshop Elements 7.0 to Lightroom 3.0 to organize and tweak my photos.

My equipment is in serious need of upgrading, but all of my money has gone to new computers (4 new PC's and a new WHS build to replace aging hardware).

The next lens that I will buy (hopefully sooner rather than later) is the Canon 50mm F/1.8. From what I read, it is a great lens for the price!

Later,

John

The Lego shots are really nice...something I should do with my son and his Star Wars Lego sets.

How are you liking LR3 versus PS Elements...to me there is no comparison. LR3 is an excellent program for photographers.

The Lego shots are really nice...something I should do with my son and his Star Wars Lego sets.

How are you liking LR3 versus PS Elements...to me there is no comparison. LR3 is an excellent program for photographers.

Thanks. Taking pictures of LEGO is actually what got me into photography. It is difficult to take good pictures of shiny plastic!!!

I do like LR3 a lot better than Elements. I will still use the Elements editor to do any major editing that I cannot do in LR, but as far as organizing and processing my RAW files, LR wins hands down!

Thanks. Taking pictures of LEGO is actually what got me into photography. It is difficult to take good pictures of shiny plastic!!!

I do like LR3 a lot better than Elements. I will still use the Elements editor to do any major editing that I cannot do in LR, but as far as organizing and processing my RAW files, LR wins hands down!

Not much I can't do in LR3 that I need to use Photoshop for anymore. I have not used Elements in awhile and now rarely even go into Photoshop except maybe for a panoramic photo.

Feel the same way JediTim. I really only use Photoshop now when I need to do something with layers or pano's like you mentioned. I bought Nik Software's Complete Collection last week, but have not had time to actually use it yet.

Feel the same way JediTim. I really only use Photoshop now when I need to do something with layers or pano's like you mentioned. I bought Nik Software's Complete Collection last week, but have not had time to actually use it yet.

I'm really hoping to combine HDR with pano. I'm sure it will be a challenge but I would love to see the results.

Thats on my list also. Once I get my D100 IR converted, I want to try some IR HDR also. I keep going back and forth on which filter to have it converted to, that plus the expense is slowing the process down. :(

Geek-accountant I'm really excited to see this topic/section here, let's keep it alive!

I'm no professional by any means, I just enjoy and have lots of fun taking pictures and creating HDRs when appropriate.

What I shoot:

* Landscapes (HDR)

* Lots and lots of my son / family

* Travel Shots

* HDR of anything

* Panoramic Stitches (Landscape and Vertical)

About 148 GB, since 2000 when I started shooting digital

My gear:

* Fujifilm Finepix S100FS

* Samsung Pro 815 (Going into retirement)

* Tripod - QSX-Digi Pro8500

* Filter - HD ND4, HD CPL

* Lowepro SlingShot 100

** Will soon be getting a Canon T3i, it's priority in my list

My Software:

* Photoshop CS4

* Live Photo Gallery

* Photomatix Pro 4.0

My websites

* Flickr - www.flickr.com/silvionr

* Flickr killer - www.500px.com/silvioribeiro

* Site- www.silvioribeiro.com