RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need help choosing a D-SLR

Dave

I purchased a Nikon bag that came with a teaching DVD but I think I'll return it. It's just not big enough to hold the 300 in it. I saw the LowePro FastPak 100 and it looked really cool. I have yet to really shop around but like the concept of that backpack type bag. Expensive though.

The FastPak bags look good. I'd go try out some in a store before buying though so you can confirm it has enough room. I own the Primus AW and really like it as well. My review is the top one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Primus-AW-Arctic-Blue/dp/B000TWUR5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306465687&sr=8-1

FYI, just like there's no perfect camera or lens, there is no perfect bag. You'll own several for different purposes, so don't bother trying to find a single all-use bag.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave

• geek-accountant

• ikon

• dagamer34

Manual mode, thats great Dave. I tend to stay in A or S mode most of the time. Shooting in manual mode will give you a good feel for how an exposure is made and the relationship between aperture and shutter speed. If you have steady light, manual works great. In changing light, unless you are paying very close attention, you will end up with exposures all over the place making it a mess to deal with in post.

BTW, have you used the 50mm yet? If so, what is your opinion so far?