RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MyMovies Hosed My Install - V1

awraynor

So I was using a trial of the 25K points that MyMovies allows to try out it's features. It ripped about 4 DVD's

and then began to hang. After the reboot I couldn't access the server via the console. Luckily this was a homebrew

and not my old 495. I hooked up a monitor and realized that almost all WHS services had been disabled. I went through

and renabled every service that would allow itself to be restarted.

My question is are there specific services that should be turned off, which ones to manual etc.?

It's up and running again, but what a pain. And is there a way to turn off all the alerts for mymovies?

I feel your pain. Went through hell on V1. I now have it running great on a client and will leave it there.

I haven't had any problems with MyMovies on my v1 box and I've been using it for a couple of years now. A couple of questions. Did you try the current stable version or the pre-release. Second question just to clarify it sounds like (I just don't want to assume) you used the WHS version, which is what I'm using currently on my v1 box v1.6.1.3 and the 3.18 client on my Win 7 MCE's. I was planning on trying the pre-release but I'll probably hold off if that is what you used. Thanks.

My issues where SQL errors constantly. I was using the most current on WHS. I was not using it on the clients at all on the server.

I feel your pain. Went through hell on V1. I now have it running great on a client and will leave it there.

I too moved to running it on a client. Too many issues and too much overhead to have it on my server.

Yes I installed the WHS version. It slowed the machine down and then wouldn't reboot.

Crazy how it stopped almost all the services. Guess I will leave it that way and

stop unneeded services as I go. But I am impressed with how fast it rips.