RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media Madness

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am curious how everyone splits up their media? I am not talking about within WHS but more about how you separate it and how you view it in MC. For instance, I have DVD’s, Blu-ray’s, home video’s, recorded movies, recorded sports, and tv shows. I currently My Movies for DVD’s and Blu-rays, MC Video’s for home movies, recorded movies, and recorded sports, and watch tv shows outside of MC (because you apparently can’t watch tv shows within MC unless you set up a tuner and I don’t have a tuner). I do it this way because I want to keep my purchased movies separate from my home movies, recorded movies, and recorded sports. I would even like to separate the latter three into separate categories or app’s if possible.

Is there a better way to manage my media?

I am curious how everyone splits up their media? I am not talking about within WHS but more about how you separate it and how you view it in MC. For instance, I have DVD’s, Blu-ray’s, home video’s, recorded movies, recorded sports, and tv shows. I currently My Movies for DVD’s and Blu-rays, MC Video’s for home movies, recorded movies, and recorded sports, and watch tv shows outside of MC (because you apparently can’t watch tv shows within MC unless you set up a tuner and I don’t have a tuner). I do it this way because I want to keep my purchased movies separate from my home movies, recorded movies, and recorded sports. I would even like to separate the latter three into separate categories or app’s if possible.

Is there a better way to manage my media?

Umm... you can watch recorded tv shows from another computer, just look on the "shared" tab. Or if the files are on a server, you can add the folder as one of the recorded TV folders and it will autopopulate.

It won't work via recorded TV in MC.

What do you mean? I watch TV shows on my computer from my HTPC which has the TV Tuners. There are no tuners in my main PC.

What do you mean? I watch TV shows on my computer from my HTPC which has the TV Tuners. There are no tuners in my main PC.

Whenever I select TV inside MC, I get an error saying no TV signal is dectected.

Whenever I select TV inside MC, I get an error saying no TV signal is dectected.

Oh, so you want to watch Live TV on a PC with no tuners?

I don't have a tuner on my main pc and I use it to watch stuff. Don't ask me how i did it though. What if you simply double click on a WTV file. Won't play due to no tuners?

Oh, so you want to watch Live TV on a PC with no tuners?

Not at all. I want to watch recorded tv that I purchased/or I recorded via a capture card.

I don't have a tuner on my main pc and I use it to watch stuff. Don't ask me how i did it though. What if you simply double click on a WTV file. Won't play due to no tuners?

That may be the key. Mine are not wtv files.

Not at all. I want to watch recorded tv that I purchased/or I recorded via a capture card.

So you have recorded tv that you purchased? or recorded via capture card? What format are you using then?

Recorded TV that you purchased? I think I am confused. Can you explain your setup to me?