RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

SiliconDust HDHR3-US $114.99

cskenney

I haven't seen any sales in a while but Newegg has the SiliconDust HDHR3-US HDHomeRun Dual Networked Attached HD TV Tuner for $114.99 Free Ship after Coupon Code: EMCKEJK32 (Exp 5/11).

Here is the link Try and use the affiliate link on the home page of Home Server Show if you can!

Many of us own these devices and they work great if you have a small form factor HTPC.

Dave

I wish i had a couple of the new form factors. The old ones are fine but it would be nice to have that zero loss splitter in it as well as the smaller design. Cant beat the technology though. Works great!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I wish this was prime.

Do these work with SDV?

cskenney

I wish this was prime.

Do these work with SDV?

I don't know....what is SDV?

I use mine for OTA digital TV only. I live in a rural area and get most of my programming via DirecTV. I use the HDHR to pull in the local TV stations.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I don't know....what is SDV?

I use mine for OTA digital TV only. I live in a rural area and get most of my programming via DirecTV. I use the HDHR to pull in the local TV stations.

switch digital video

For OTA, SDV wouldn't apply. It is only for cable content. It allows the cable company to only send the channel you requested from the closest node to your house to reduce traffic and increase bandwidth.

cskenney

Pretty sure you will need the Prime to work with SDV.

timekills

I just got one, and no, it doesn't work with SDV - but even the cable card versions don't (i.e. Prime when it comes out and the Ceton now), at least out of the box. The cablecard doesn't do the switching request. You'd need a separate tunig adaptor from your cable company. The HDHR on this page onyl works with unencrypted DIGITAL channels as well - if you have/want encrypted digital, that is what the Prime/Ceton allow via cablecard.

The new small form factor is nice though. :) Will be using it with OTA as well.

deboots

I'm probably going to be switching to DirecTV myself soon, as my cable provider is dramatically increasing their rates. Does anyone have a recommended OTA Antenna that would work well with a HDHR3?

cskenney

I'm probably going to be switching to DirecTV myself soon, as my cable provider is dramatically increasing their rates. Does anyone have a recommended OTA Antenna that would work well with a HDHR3?

Antennas depend on how close you are to the transmitter.