RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Server eMail Alerts

yodafett

Has anyone else had any issues setting up the email alerts in WHS Server 2011. It keeps telling me I it is unable to connect to the email server. I have tried using my gmail, hotmail, verizon, and yahoo accounts using the built in help sections.

[13560] 110509.212247.4111: ProviderFramework: Information: [0] : PfErrorHandler: IGNORING WCF internal exception: (CommunicationException) The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '10675199.02:48:05.4775807'. ==> (IOException) The write operation failed, see inner exception. ==> (CommunicationException) The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '10675199.02:48:05.4775807'. ==> (SocketException) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[3756] 110509.212247.5983: AlertEmail: Subcomponent: SendEmailTask > SendEmailAsync: Sending email...

[13096] 110509.212247.8635: AlertEmail: Subcomponent: SendEmailTask > smtpClient_SendMessageAsyncCompleted: Send email failed error=System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 74.125.159.109:587

Has anyone else had any issues setting up the email alerts in WHS Server 2011. It keeps telling me I it is unable to connect to the email server. I have tried using my gmail, hotmail, verizon, and yahoo accounts using the built in help sections.

[13560] 110509.212247.4111: ProviderFramework: Information: [0] : PfErrorHandler: IGNORING WCF internal exception: (CommunicationException) The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '10675199.02:48:05.4775807'. ==> (IOException) The write operation failed, see inner exception. ==> (CommunicationException) The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '10675199.02:48:05.4775807'. ==> (SocketException) An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

[3756] 110509.212247.5983: AlertEmail: Subcomponent: SendEmailTask > SendEmailAsync: Sending email...

[13096] 110509.212247.8635: AlertEmail: Subcomponent: SendEmailTask > smtpClient_SendMessageAsyncCompleted: Send email failed error=System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 74.125.159.109:587

I got mine set up with hotmail using the following settings...

From Email Address: YourEmail@hotmail.com

SMTP Server Name: smtp.live.com

SMTP Port: 587

Check the "This Server Requires A Secure Connection (SSL)" Box

Check the "This Server Requires Authentication" Box

Username: YourEmail@hotmail.com

Password: Your Password.

Hope that helps,

jvk

I got mine to work fine with my Google apps account. I don't remember having any trouble at all. I used the POP settings from Gmail help section.

Got it fixed, forgot that McAfee Enterprise has a setting to prevent mass emailing worms/viruses, had to disable that and I was able to send without issue.