RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DVRMS Toolbox, do you use it and how do you use it?

Dave

I recently retried DVRMS toolbox for some encoding and wondered how many people are using it. I did a "DVR-MS" to WMV and it looked pretty bad. I need to tweak on it a bit. I found this blog post that I need to read through. Maybe enable 2 pass because it looked as if the entire show was interlaced. Had lines across every movement.

On a sidenote, I have been using Microsoft Expression Encoder 2 and now I see that MS is giving away MSExpression Encoder 3. I really like this encoder. http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/EncoderStandard_Overview.aspx

Anybody else using DVRMS Toolbox?

Dave,

I am not sure what to use. I dont use WMC yet but I will be testing. With popcornhour I use only mkv that is not really supported by WMC att. To do those I use ripbot264 that can put the video in a mvk - mp4 or a avchd container. Does WMC play mp4 ? I may try and test it out tonight. Ripbot is great check it out if you have time. Works perfect with BL and SD DVD.

Media Center supports avc-hd in windows7, I'm pretty sure. Maybe that's the way to go if it's as straightforward as the mkv?

I use DirMon2 and a Handbrake wrapper called Media Shrink. DirMon2 will monitor my recorded TV files and call Media Shrink after a new recording arrives. I use SageTV, so the file size drops to 1/6.

DVRMS Toolbox is a great program, I just haven't figured out the syntax on how to script stuff for it yet (really, I just haven't sat down and taken the time).