RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using iPad to Access WHS Remotely

Mike

Is there a way to access your WHS remote website using an iPad and it work correctly? When I access the remote website, certain pages will not display because of the no flash use/support on the iPad. I've only had the iPad for a week, so I'm still learning about it. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

/Mike Biel

Another approach is to use Air Video or ZumoCast. ZumoCast is currently offline due to Motorola purchasing the program but it is my preferred method. I have both installed on a MediaCenter PC and have all my WHS shared folders added. Fire up Air Video or ZumoCast on the iPad and you access to all your shared folders. DVD's, etc.

http://addingapple.com/air-video-server-for-the-iphone-and-ipad.html Air Video review

You could also use a remote desktop app if you want to control a PC from remote as suggested by CSK.

Is there a way to access your WHS remote website using an iPad and it work correctly? When I access the remote website, certain pages will not display because of the no flash use/support on the iPad. I've only had the iPad for a week, so I'm still learning about it. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

/Mike Biel

If you are just trying to get to say your media then Orb works great! http://new.orb.com/

I also use Logmein for remote access you get a remote session but it also has file browse etc and other great features Http://logmein.com

/Mike Biel

Mike, it largely depends on what you want to do. As Dave mentioned Air Video or Zumocast work great for streaming your content, however if you want to access your computers you may have to resort to something like Logmiein for the iPad. This will allow you to access any of your personal computers including your server.

Thanks to all of you that replied to my inquiry. I'm going to look into all of these options and see what will work for me. Thanks again.

/Mike Biel