RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 134, What do you think ?

diehard

Hi Guys,

Dave's back from his remote location and I'm back on this week. Thanks to GeekAccountant and VinylFreak for filling in. Lots of laughs this week, some news items, no real feature but some off topic.

What do you think ?

The best laugh for me was right at the end when John said, "Does this get good?" I was thinking the same thing John.

Dave, what was the app you talked about for transcoding to mp4 to your server for use on your iPad, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering about the PodCast programs you discussed in the show. After hearing about BeyondPod from Jim I decided to give it a go and purchased the program. I like it a lot, it allows me to control the program with my bluetooth headset (skip forward/back, pause, play, volume) and knows most shows I like to listen to.

The downside (and that IS a big negative) is that it cannot seem to keep track of which show I was listening to when I shut it off or at which position I was.

Did you get this fixed Jim (I think you were going to compare some settings with someone) and if so how?

If not, can you recommend a good program that allows me to stream and download and control the app using bluetooth headset - for android?

Thanks!

Marco

Marco try out Doggcatcher it'll do what you're looking for.

Thanks for the tip, couldn't find it in the market (double g, yikes).

I bought that one too, it looks great and has some nice features but doesn't keep my Archos alive during playback.

Found a workaround though: keep the screen on while playing the podcast; that is a setting in the playback options. Requires more recharging but at least it works.