RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Tversity on WHS

bline

Hello,
I have a PS3 and xbox 360. I have my movies in a vob format which the xbox360 does not like. I don't know of a common format to put these in that I can get to play on both systems? One thought was to run TVersity but I am doubtful my ex495 can handle the transcoding of a 1080p movie. Any recommendations on other software or a format that might work for both systems?
Thanks.

THey are a combination of dvd and blueray. blueray were converted to vob just for the ps3.

analog, do you know of a tool to convert the vob to m2ts without losing quality or sound?

@bline It's Blu-Ray (no "e"). I remember complaining to a manager at Blockbuster last time I was in there (about 12 months ago) that they had misspelled it the same way. Heh.

That said, let us know what solution works well for you. I'm sure others here are interested as well.

For the easiest drag and drop method of taking a VIDEO_TS folder and converting the main movie, main audio and commentary track into an mkv (I know you're looking at m2ts, but this solution may work for you too), try MediaShrink (http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=394834&postcount=333). You basically do everything I just said and it scans the VIDEO_TS foler, determines if it is a movie or tv show disc, and runs it accordingly. It will even take all the episodes of the disc and separate them into different mkv files. It leverages the Handbrake 0.94 command line version as well as a few other tools to do all the work.

of course, I forgot that mkv files can't be played on an xbox without going through transcoding hell, so use this info for any other application where you want a DVD file to be reencoded to a MKV