RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Recover Data From DE With a Dead System Drive

customator

Does anyone have suggestions or can point me to a link on how to recover data from DE when the system drive has died. This is a client's server that I just took over and they have no backups.

FYI, I have tried to recover the system drive with Spinwite (great product by the way) and have been completely unsuccessful.

I have already told them that the prognoses is not good, but I would really like to be Scotty and pull a rabbit. Thanks

Was the data on the same drive as the OS? If it was on a separate data drive just put the drive in another PC and navigate around with file manager and you will find the files in a sub-directory.

Thanks that is exactly what I am looking for.

Was the data on the same drive as the OS? If it was on a separate data drive just put the drive in another PC and navigate around with file manager and you will find the files in a sub-directory.

Some of the data is on the second partition of the system drive and may not be recoverable. The other drives are what I am mostly concerned about.

Thanks that is exactly what I am looking for.

Some of the data is on the second partition of the system drive and may not be recoverable. The other drives are what I am mostly concerned about.

Hopefully this helps to make you look like a hero.