RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Krankycheese

Media Library Not Refreshing

Rensul

I was listening to the most recent homeserver show podcast where they were discussing server folder location and backup strategy. One thing that was mentioned was preferably not placing frequently accessed folders (i.e. Music) on the same drive as the OS.

So I thought I'd use the "Move Folder" wizard to move "Music" to another drive. Everything went fine, however, now when I access music thru remote access I don't see the album cover art whereas before everything was perfect. This drives me absolutely crazy. The music itself streams fine...

I thought cover art issues were a thing of the past since WHS V1 and Zune all handle them fine...!

Any thoughts!

Thanks,

Rensul

Rensul

Just to close out my issue - the album art eventually came up in all web page views after about a day. Not sure why or how it was fixed although I restarted WHS and PCs several times. Anyway it appears to have resolved itself.

Rensul

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Good news. There is a saying that patience is a virtue. Most tech heads probably don't have that virtue.

gcoupe

There is a saying that patience is a virtue. Most tech heads probably don't have that virtue.

vbg

Rensul

Good news. There is a saying that patience is a virtue. Most tech heads probably don't have that virtue.

Amen brother!!

SolidSonicTH

Believe me, it's just an adaptation. When you work in IT, you're surrounded by people who want stuff to work RIGHT NOW. As in they called you and they want their crap working about 3 minutes after you arrive. If you don't get it running, you're a bad techie and they wonder why they bothered calling you.

So, yeah, you generally learn to be impatient with technology simply because everyone's demanding the same of you.

gcoupe

Believe me, it's just an adaptation. When you work in IT, you're surrounded by people who want stuff to work RIGHT NOW. As in they called you and they want their crap working about 3 minutes after you arrive. If you don't get it running, you're a bad techie and they wonder why they bothered calling you.

So, yeah, you generally learn to be impatient with technology simply because everyone's demanding the same of you.

Also very true. :)