RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Krankycheese

Media Library Not Refreshing

Krankycheese

One of the features that I tried using was the Move Folder to move the Music folder from the hard disk it was initially setup in, and moved it to a different hard disk. The move was successful. The problems start when I try to use the web remote access to view the pictures and music through the Internet. The media library is showing 0 items in both categories. When I click on the Pictures option, it shows the pictures that are available to view. When I click on the Music, it does not display the one MP3 file that I have in the folder. Prior to the folder move, the file displayed and the media library counts were accurate.

What steps do I need to complete to have the media streaming to the Internet work after a folder move? I have tried rebooting the server, stop and starting the media server to no avail.

Any help is a appreciated.

Neophyte

If you add another MP3 to that folder now, will it show up in Media Library? If so, try moving the original MP3 out of the folder, then back in to see if it then will get picked up by the Media Library. I have run into similar issues periodically and sometimes moving the files around causes the Library to pick it up again.

Krankycheese

Thanks Neophyte for the response.

The funny thing is that the single mp3 file showed up this morning when I checked, but the pictures now do not show up. I moved a folder of mp3s and the files showed up instantly in the remote access web page after the transfer. For the pictures, I tried adding a folder and moving the pictures out of the folder and back in. However, the pictures still do not show up. The Picture folder was not moved to a different hard disk and left in the default hard disk partition.

Krankycheese

Here is an update. I just finished installing some updates and now the files for both pictures and music are showing up in the remote access screen. I'll keep an eye on it, and test out some scenarios.

Edited by Krankycheese

SolidSonicTH

I think I have an inverse problem.

I kept some videos outside of the Videos directory to make some adjustments to their ID tags but when I put them into the Videos folder after I modified their tags, WHS had picked up the videos from their original location and created entries for them on the Remote Access website, despite the fact the original files were moved.

So now I have entries for these video files and they won't go away (even though you can't do anything with them; they have no runtime, are 0 bytes, and fail to open if you try to), which muddles up the video list (since the actual video files also appear in the lists). Is there a way to clear these null files from the Remote Access page so I don't have to look at them?

Edited by SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH

Well, my problem isn't clearing up (might have even gotten worse). I might have to...*sigh*...reinstall.

Krankycheese

It may be worth trying the steps outlined in the link http://social.microsoft.com...d2d6c6ab2f53

I tried these steps for the refreshing the music folder when I had the issue of the library not refreshing. Though it did not work in that case, it may be worth a shot before reinstalling.

Neophyte

Looks like many people are having some issues with the Media Library and how it indexes. Something MS will probably look at in some updates later on, hopefully. Mine is pretty stable now, no more complaints from me for a while.

SolidSonicTH

It may be worth trying the steps outlined in the link http://social.microsoft.com...d2d6c6ab2f53

I tried these steps for the refreshing the music folder when I had the issue of the library not refreshing. Though it did not work in that case, it may be worth a shot before reinstalling.

Solid. I decided to reinstall anyway (I did something drastic so I'm just starting anew with a clean slate) but I'll keep this in mind if the issue rears its head again.

Navigating that Connect social site is difficult due to a lot of clutter so I'm glad you found that thread.

Krankycheese

The web remote access for media is getting a little frustrating. I did not access the server for almost 2 days, and when I access my external URL, the library shows no pictures even though there are photos in the folder. The music folder shows the correct amount and the content.

Is there a task/script that I should schedule to perform it manually?