RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Lights out Add In

pcdoc

Anyone try this and have success. I spent a couple of hours on my test server trying to get this to work right and never really was consistant. Fixed all the standby and hiberantion issues, but had problem with single events working, and multiple events in one day working correctly. Sure would like to know if anyone found this add in useful and consistant.

• 6 months later...

It seems to work ok for me. Every once and awhile wake over lan doesn't seem to work via lights out or auto exit, but I think it might just be my Gigabyte board. The WHS has no problem if I double click to wake.

Lights Out fixed the problem with my EX495. I use it mainly for media and backups and have it run in the evening when I'm home, then shut it off overnight. It kept starting up by itself around midnight and I'd see it running every morning when I passed it. I read about using Lights Out while searching for a fix to my problem. It fixed the problem and the client side app allowed me to reduce the scheduled run time as one of our PC's is usually on during the day for school forcing the server to run as well.

I am still on the fence about it with many reviews saying it

is somewhat unstable. Might have to give it a try anyway,

just wish the discount was a bit bigger so I don't completely

waste my money if it doesn't work correctly.

You can use the free trial and even if you don't upgrade you get the community version which has many of the features just not all of them.