RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
dagamer34

Slow Dashboard

dagamer34

Anyone getting the feeling that the WHS 2011 Dashboard is super sluggish? Even with a Core i7 2600K CPU in my server, it's missing clicks from my RDP session.

texasPI

Mine has been that way from the get-go. I was wondering if I was the only one since I hadn't seen it brought up.

pcdoc

How long is it taking in seconds. Mine is about 10-12 seconds after the password input.

jvk

My dashboard takes some time to load as well... I am kind of wondering if the better way to go for Microsoft would be a web based dashboard, that way you would not need to initiate an RDP session on the server. It looks like the interface to synology products is web-based and a little more nimble. Just a thought though...

dagamer34

Even worse than that, my system has 8GB of RAM, so whatever it's loading should be stored in RAM after it's been loaded once, which makes me think it's a poor coding issue than anything else...

G. WadeTech

I get mixed response times as well and feels like sometimes the dashboard paints slower then if I directly RDP into the server. I have never used the 'remote app' feature that WHS2011 (Windows Server 2008) is using in showing the dashboard for our WHS2011 servers but I am thinking that there must be a lot to load as anything you open once you have the dashboard painted opens as if it was running on your local client machine. (ex: is anything you click on in the Advanced Admin Add-in)

adoucette

Old topic - I know - but is there a way to speed up the dashboard load times?

Maybe something like to get it to start with the server so it is already in memory whenever I get around to loading it from my computer?

Thanks,

Ari