RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS On Technet

PCEddie

Is the current version of Windows Home 2011 on Technet the final version that will be released to the public? I have looked on Microsoft's website and found the article aboutWHS 2011 rtm but no other news on price or when it will be for sale.

I plan on upgrading to WHS 2011 but waiting until Microsoft releases it for sale. I have listened to the last podcast on planning my upgrade.

Is the current version of Windows Home 2011 on Technet the final version that will be released to the public? I have looked on Microsoft's website and found the article aboutWHS 2011 rtm but no other news on price or when it will be for sale.

I plan on upgrading to WHS 2011 but waiting until Microsoft releases it for sale. I have listened to the last podcast on planning my upgrade.

If you are on technet, you are good to go.

If you are on technet, you are good to go.

Thank God for TechNet. I think I've re-installed WHS 2011 3-4 times because I've swapped mobos or did something wrong which killed the system. I doubt retail copies are as forgiving with reactivation.

Thank God for TechNet. I think I've re-installed WHS 2011 3-4 times because I've swapped mobos or did something wrong which killed the system. I doubt retail copies are as forgiving with reactivation.

Not without the phone call to MS anyway. I have done the same but now all is well.

You get 10 activations per key with technet before having to call. So with 2 keys 20 activations. Uncheck auto activate and I get 30 days to screw things up before using up an activation.

You get 10 activations per key with technet before having to call. So with 2 keys 20 activations. Uncheck auto activate and I get 30 days to screw things up before using up an activation.

I agree...don't activate the key immediately. Wait until you are sure everything is running fine.

Is whs included in the standard subscription or do I need to go pro?

I sent you a Twitter message the other day....it's included in the standard subscription.

I sent you a Twitter message the other day....it's included in the standard subscription.

That's odd...it's not showing up in my mentions. Thanks for the info!