Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diehard

Podcast 73, what do you think ?

27 posts in this topic

Hi,
this week we wrapped up on CES 2010.

Covered a few new blog posts, check out the blog.

Covered a few addins including AdminiMe from one of our favorite developers and WHS MVP Nick Asseloos.

Started testing Wuala. We setup a Home Server Show Podcast Group, added frieds, hope you can join. Uploaded a few non critical files. The jury is still out on Wuala, so let us know what you think ?

John (homeservershow).

PS, we were having a few Skype issues so we finished a little earlier than expected, we'll catch up next week.

Yes, we had some serious Skype issues so I apologize for that. The levels were very hard to normalize this time so hopefully it was OK to listen to.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on wuala and if anyone has joined. There is a lengthy post in the forums to discuss your concerns, issues, etc.

I'm open for ideas on future shows.
Are you ready for a second installment of virtualization?
Is there an Add-In author you would like to hear from?
Blog author?

Dave

I know it would be harder, but you may want to have all of the guys record their voices locally while using Skype. Then they would send you their files and you could mix them in. It would sound a lot better than Skype, which is very inconsistent.

Chris, you were in Cincinnati?? You should have said something you could have just stayed at my house. I live in indiana 30 miles west of Cincy. Bit work IT in Cincy

Great show guys. Long time listener, first time poster. Keep up the good work.

I'd love to hear from Twonky or TVersity or someone like that.

Have you guys tried Google Voice instead of Skype? Built in recording and have much better voice quality using that espeially when I call Canada. Just a thought. Otherwise the show was great as usual. Look forward to the next one.

Anybody have any invitations to Google Voice? I think it's still invite-only at this point.

I just happen to have 3 invites left (imagine that!). pcdoc, what is the quick and dirty instruction on using google voice to record a podcast?

I have google voice as well and have recorded calls using this procedure. I'm not sure how well it works with multiple lines or for podcasting.

Relating to the PCast I think the Virtualization would be good. somehow I just can't get excited over the waula no matter how cool it is. Maybe not a full show on each but, some more of the more extreme things like setting up WS08R2 in a MSS(John?) or even exchange would be interesting. Or maybe using a MSS in a SOHO environment that has a domain? I honestly think with the economy, business and technolgy where it is today. There is a large potential market for more business to be done from the home worker (contract/consultant). That will shift the focus from just backing up my Media to also serving withing a more traditional yet scaled down work environment.
Maybe some general networking stuff if you guys run out of things to keep the less experianced guys interested. How to properly set up a home network.

Just throwing things out there, I feel are related not just to WHS but also its role within the home as well.

Jim you have Google voice and you didn't mention it! A flogging is due! I would love to just try it! Especially for a voicemail box for the show.