RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
edamiga1

Simple Questions

edamiga1

There are a few nagging issues that I would like to resolve with my whs 2011. These are not critical, but are things that I would like to resolve if possible.

1. Is there a way to specify the media folders by type. It looks like it lumps everything together, so the cover art for my movies is not showing up in my pictures.

2. Is there a way to change the folder icon to something custom, like it currently does for the Music, Videos and other built in folders.

3. Is there a way to see the amount of storage a folder is using. Currently it shows Free space of the hard drive. I know the Awieco Drive info tool does this, just curious if possible in standard install.

pcdoc

There are a few nagging issues that I would like to resolve with my whs 2011. These are not critical, but are things that I would like to resolve if possible.

1. Is there a way to specify the media folders by type. It looks like it lumps everything together, so the cover art for my movies is not showing up in my pictures.

2. Is there a way to change the folder icon to something custom, like it currently does for the Music, Videos and other built in folders.

3. Is there a way to see the amount of storage a folder is using. Currently it shows Free space of the hard drive. I know the Awieco Drive info tool does this, just curious if possible in standard install.

#1: Very annoying, I have not found a way to do this.

#2: I do not believe this is possible other than through future hacks at least I am not aware of one.

#3: The crude way is to go into the share, "select all" and right click for properties. It should tell you how much the share is using.

These issue you brought are very good but apply to all windows installation not just limited to WHS 2011.

wddn

I like TuneUp Utilities (older version, e.g. 2010, are for free), which has a nice tool to measure folder sizes. The only drawback I see, is that it is not integrated in the dashboard. If you work remotely, you should try RDP.

KiwiGlen

One way is to go into the move a folder wizard one of the first screens shows the size of the folder.