RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast idea

Citezein

You had talked a little about getting additional people on the podcast. Perhaps it would be fun to bring on several people that have built new boxes for WHS 2011 and have them each discuss what they built and why. The live listeners could also give feedback and ask questions, and maybe the BYOB guys might want to join in as well.

Ideally, each guest would have a very different machine, with a different emphasis on why they built and and why they're using WHS 2011. For example, I have my rack-mounted WHS running as a VM on ESXi, which would likely interest people. I'd also love to hear from someone who has built a monster box, and a lightweight server from a Zacate platform.

You had talked a little about getting additional people on the podcast. Perhaps it would be fun to bring on several people that have built new boxes for WHS 2011 and have them each discuss what they built and why. The live listeners could also give feedback and ask questions, and maybe the BYOB guys might want to join in as well.

Ideally, each guest would have a very different machine, with a different emphasis on why they built and and why they're using WHS 2011. For example, I have my rack-mounted WHS running as a VM on ESXi, which would likely interest people. I'd also love to hear from someone who has built a monster box, and a lightweight server from a Zacate platform.

That sounds like a great idea. We were talking about something similar but I like this idea.

Yep, good idea. I was going to do a little of this with some prospective new hosts. Trial by fire discussing their rigs!

Yep, good idea. I was going to do a little of this with some prospective new hosts. Trial by fire discussing their rigs!

Well, I'd certainly be open to discussing build with the masses if you're interested.