RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dashboard not displaying anything

KiwiGlen

Has anybody seen the dashboard do this (see picture below). My WHS 2011 server has done it a few times, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't and I have to reboot it.

OK that didn't work, guess I need some help on posting with an image as well :)

Anyway the image shows the Computers and Backups Tab and there is nothing in the list, under the name it says "This list contains no items." I actually have seen the same thing in the Server Folders tab as well.

dashboard.png

Edited by KiwiGlen

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• KiwiGlen

• The Jason

Has anybody seen the dashboard do this (see picture below). My WHS 2011 server has done it a few times, sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesn't and I have to reboot it.

OK that didn't work, guess I need some help on posting with an image as well :)

Anyway the image shows the Computers and Backups Tab and there is nothing in the list, under the name it says "This list contains no items." I actually have seen the same thing in the Server Folders tab as well.

dashboard.png

For starters, to get the picture posted go to a service like photobucket, or imageshack and upload the image, get the link, and paste the direct link to the image. Sounds like an interesting problem.

Did you have this problem from the very beginning or did this just happen? Have you tried removing the add-ins? Can you describe you hardware such as MB, drives, Raid, etc. Are you on a VM? If it was once OK, you could restore back to that configuration.

Did you have this problem from the very beginning or did this just happen? Have you tried removing the add-ins? Can you describe you hardware such as MB, drives, Raid, etc. Are you on a VM? If it was once OK, you could restore back to that configuration.

It worked OK for awhile, at first I thought it was because the machine was so busy copying data from the WHS V1 disks to the new WHS 2011 disks I had installed. I copied around 3TB's of data.

My server is a home build with the following setup:

• Asus P5Q-EM motherboard (G45 Chipset)
  • Core 2 CPU (can't remember the model number but its 2.1Ghz
  • 6 GB Ram
  • 3 * RAID 1 Arrays (OS on one and 2 for Data), OS 1TB, Data 2x2TB all done via the motherboard

Pretty sure it happened before I added the add-ins, but I will try removing them and see what happens. I'll also have a look in the event logs but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in their.

• 1 year later...

KiwiGlen, Did you ever resolve this issue? I have recently started getting this exact error, except I can still access my shares and can remote in to the server. If I re-boot twice, everything returns to normal and the users, shares and computers are visible again.

Doctor, I have to reboot twice to see computers in my WHS Dashboard. Prescription: reboot twice to get computers back in Dashboard. ;) (sorry, couldn't resist).

Seriously, I've never seen this behaviour. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Connector on at least 1 client computer?

Doctor, I have to reboot twice to see computers in my WHS Dashboard. Prescription: reboot twice to get computers back in Dashboard. ;) (sorry, couldn't resist).

There's always one..... :)

Okay, I'll ask the dumb obvious question. Were the clients actually added to the new server?

In my case, the server has been running for over a year, currently with four clients, nine or ten active users, etc. I started noticing this happening about two or three months ago. Since access to the shares is unaffected, it may have been going on for longer and I only really notice it if I happen to check something on the dashboard.

I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled the connector, but with UR3 new connectors were pushed out which is at least similar.

In the end I'm not too concerned since Dr ikon has given me a good prescription and I'm planning to move to S2012E once it's on TechNet.