RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSD's and the the Windows Performance Index

c0op3r

Well I was able to do it! (on the payment plan, but I did it!). I was able to break the the 1 Gb/sec threshold !!!

OK how I did not:

(4) Intel X-25m Gen2 160GB SSD

(1) LSi Raid Controller 9260-4i

The payment plan is that I have been adding parts as I could afford them, started with (2) X-25's on the Factory Intel RAID controller.

So the final setup is the (4) Intel SSDs flashed to the newest/matching firmware, then secure erased using Intel Toolbox Software version 3.01, from that point the system was restored using Win7 built in restore (this of course is not the optimal way to do it, but I did not want to start from scratch)

atto.jpg

ssd6.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pcdoc

• Dude

• ikon

• c0op3r

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrates! Imagine how fast Solitaire will load now :D

Who told you that was why I did it! I told them not to say anything!

Edited by ZeroHunter

hehe, I'm very friendly with little birds ;)

Birds it was not birds! It was those Squirrels, I paid their little mafia with the Peanuts extortion payment and they still rolled me! Squirrels Cant Trust them!

I now have SSD envy. Very impressive resutls. Besides solitaire, I bet notepad flies.

LOL, no doubt. But I totally agree, it's impressive. SQUIRREL !! :)

I now have SSD envy. Very impressive resutls. Besides solitaire, I bet notepad flies.

WOW from PC Doc that is extremely high praise !

Maybe we should have a rating system for pc-doc's comments; something like, "he got 3.5 stethoscopes from pc-doc" :D

Maybe we should have a rating system for pc-doc's comments; something like, "he got 3.5 stethoscopes from pc-doc" :D

Too many syllables. We have to have something easier to say so I do not get confused.

I admire that you set out to scale this built it step by step. I am generally to spontaneous. I would have to plunk down to get all four drives at the same time so I do not get side tracked and end up in a different direction. Enjoy and good luck with it.