RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSD's and the the Windows Performance Index

c0op3r

You can get the 120GB Vertex2's at NewEgg for about $160 shipped right now through 17 APR using their 10% promo code and $30 rebate.

I saw your other post and maybe I should get two more. Luckily, when I bought mine it was a similar deal and I only paid $5 more.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pcdoc

• Dude

• ikon

• c0op3r

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw your other post and maybe I should get two more. Luckily, when I bought mine it was a similar deal and I only paid $5 more.

As always, now that last version's hardware is affordable, I'm turning a hungry eye to the GEN 3 SSDs. 500+MB/sec reads and writes with IOPS through the roof for the Vertex 3's. Insane.

As always, now that last version's hardware is affordable, I'm turning a hungry eye to the GEN 3 SSDs. 500+MB/sec reads and writes with IOPS through the roof for the Vertex 3's. Insane.

Yep, me too. Have an auto notify setup up for the next shipment. That will make a nice conclusion to my system. Let me know if you seen them for sale anywhere.

Yep, me too. Have an auto notify setup up for the next shipment. That will make a nice conclusion to my system. Let me know if you seen them for sale anywhere.

Yeah I am generally kinda a generation behind kinda guy, the bleeding edge stuff makes my wallet cry!

Guest no-control

Yeah I am generally kinda a generation behind kinda guy, the bleeding edge stuff makes my wallet cry!

QFT!!!!!

Tell me about it!

Edited by no-control

OK so I have received the Intel X-25 G2 SSD (160Gig models). First thing I did was update the firmware via the Intel SSD update program downloaded from the Intel Webpage, this was done to make sure that the units are up to date and to make sure that they have matching Firmware.

With that done I installed the Drives using the On-Board Intel Raid Ø function, I restored the machine using the Windows 7 Restore DVD from a backup made only minutes before starting this venture.

The overall out come was more then I could of hoped for! This is obviously what an SSD should run like, with these drives installed I will NEVER buy another SAMSUNG SSD again in my life time.

Intel%20raid%200%20wpi.JPG

Windows Performance Index on the Drives is now the coveted 7.9

Intel%20raid%200%20wpi%20Crystal.JPG

My CrystalDiskMark 3.01 x64 number are pretty much at least double across the board (and almost triple in some cases)

I am going to have to call this test/venture a win.

Wow, those write speeds are very slow considering.

Anyone have a link to where I can download crystal disk mark? The link I found seems to be downloading a virus because SE cleans it off my machine immediately after downloading.

• 1 month later...

OK so I have received the Intel X-25 G2 SSD (160Gig models). First thing I did was update the firmware via the Intel SSD update program downloaded from the Intel Webpage, this was done to make sure that the units are up to date and to make sure that they have matching Firmware.

With that done I installed the Drives using the On-Board Intel Raid Ø function, I restored the machine using the Windows 7 Restore DVD from a backup made only minutes before starting this venture.

The overall out come was more then I could of hoped for! This is obviously what an SSD should run like, with these drives installed I will NEVER buy another SAMSUNG SSD again in my life time.

Hmm. I'm running a Samsung in my laptop. The SAMSUNG 470 Series MZ-5PA128. I get a WPI of 7.6 for the drive. Of course my reads aren't as good as your RAID0, but my writes look pretty darn good. Maybe you've dismissed the Samsung a little prematurely? And it was < $200 when I got it.

Samsung470Bench.png

Edited by timekills

• 2 months later...