• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• geek-accountant

• timekills

• eagle63

Pretty sure that means yours is not working either. Look at the first VM. You can see numbers in the "Memory Demand" column and a "OK" in the "Status" column. For your other two VM's there is nothing in these columns which I am pretty sure means they are NOT using dynamic memory.

...and both those are WHS 2011 VM's. Sounds like I am having the same problem. I did a quick search and found the link below. I don't understand why you would have to do anything on the VM itself?

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2011/02/18/issues-getting-hyper-v-dynamic-memory-to-work-in-win-2008-r2-sp1.aspx

We need a chat on here that is active.

Good link, but I have already done all those steps and it still doesn't work for me. Over all, Hyper-V's dynamic memory was a let down for me. Maybe I was expecting to much. :rolleyes:

Good link, but I have already done all those steps and it still doesn't work for me. Over all, Hyper-V's dynamic memory was a let down for me. Maybe I was expecting to much. :rolleyes:

I noticed WHS 2011 was not listed as DM complient OS's so maybe it isn't possible? I haven't tried any of it yet. Maybe I will try over the weekend when I am back in town. First I have to figure out how to upgrade integration services on the VM's. Is this under programs and features?

Guest no-control

Sorry just found this thread again. Non of the "colorado" based server O/S's support dynamic memory. I haven't been able to confirm if this is by design or is something that will receive a hotfix/patch for in the future. So I wouldn't keep trying. If I find out more info I'll let you know.