RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Home Server 2011 Drops on TechNet, MSDN (but only Client Restore CD showing up on MSDN, so far)

tinkererguy

I read this:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383116,00.asp

then quickly logged into my active MSDN account. But currently, looking under both the "Operating Systems" and "New Downloads" sections, they're only showing this one file (which I've just downloaded, 467MB in 5 minutes), more to follow soon I would guess/hope!

Client Restore Disc: Windows Home Server 2011 (x86 and x64) - CD (English)

en_client_restore_disc_windows_home_server_2011_x86_x64_cd_658475.iso

Edited by tinkererguy

Same goes for the related product, only the restore CD is currently available on MSDN:

Client Restore Disc: Windows Storage Server Essentials 2008 R2 Embedded (x86 and x64) - CD (English)

en_client_restore_disc_windows_storage_server_essentials_2008_r2_embedded_x86_x64_cd_658474.iso

Edited by tinkererguy

I had both available to download althoug it took awile on the Main O/S download it kept failing and I would have to resume

You can check out the Windows Home Server team's blog post:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowshomeserver/archive/2011/04/05/windows-home-server-2011-now-available-for-technet-and-msdn-subscribers-to-download-today.aspx

It can take a while for the bits to role out. Lots of server's to update with copies of the download, so be patient.

You can check out the Windows Home Server team's blog post:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/windowshomeserver/archive/2011/04/05/windows-home-server-2011-now-available-for-technet-and-msdn-subscribers-to-download-today.aspx

It can take a while for the bits to role out. Lots of server's to update with copies of the download, so be patient.

Both the install and Client Restore are available for download via Technet for me...

WHS2011_Download.png

Yep, they're both there now (apparently MSDN site remembers when you turn on filters, like 32 bit only (a filter I applied when I had last logged in weeks ago). Simply changed it to "All" and of course all the downloads show, makes sense, sorry about that.

But next hurtle: Microsoft File Transfer Manager not doing so well handling the demand though (can't get any bits to fly, at all, stuck at it saying "Trying to connect").

Edited by tinkererguy

Got both around lunch time today. Just finished port the RC to the final release and all is well.

But next hurtle: Microsoft File Transfer Manager not doing so well handling the demand though (can't get any bits to fly, at all, stuck at it saying "Trying to connect").

I've had to Resume about 5 times already: 89% and counting :)