RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Come and Get It !!!!

jmwills

I wish we weren't limited to 1GB/month at work, usually get really good speeds (measured in MB/s) when I need to download stuff here. I don't think IT would look too kindly on me pulling 4GB through the pipe though, so oh well.

At my rate....I'll be finished in 36 hours! Don't forget to get your keys !!

Addendum: It's almost sickening to logon to the server at home and watch it download at 2000 KB/sec while I'm at 30.

(He turns to 127.0.0.1 and click heels three times)

Guess I know what I'll be downloading when I get home tonight...hoepfully my Verizon Fios gives me a better connection. Sadly I think it is the MS side that is slow.

Guess I know what I'll be downloading when I get home tonight...hoepfully my Verizon Fios gives me a better connection. Sadly I think it is the MS side that is slow.

I had slow speeds and many disconnects that I had ot hit resume for. But it finaly finished

I started earlier today when there were not too many on so I got it pretty quick. Install went well and all data on the server was intact as none of my data was on the primary drive. Had to recreate users and point to the existing folders but I was completely operational with my production data in about 2 hours most of which was the install and updates. Repointing the folders and setting users, back ups, and connector was fairly quick and all is well. Now time for a couple of necessary add-ins.

Averaging 500 KB/sec right now.

Now that My Movies for WHS2011 is out (sort of) I'm going to have to bit the bullet and move to this one. Ok, not have to, but now I don't have a good excuse besides not wanting to take down my WHSv1 to convert it to 2011.

Well this is lovely - new released software that I want to play with, and I don't have a working internet connection to download it through. Anyone want to snail mail a copy to me?

On the bright side, I think this is only the 2nd time in 3.5 years that I've been without access because of my ISP.

You would think Newegg would have a HDD special this week for v2s release. I see a 3 tb for 129 but no 2 tb sales.