RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New Build

ImTheTypeOfGuy

This post is to show pictures of the new build. This will become my new desktop and my gen 1 i7 will get turned into my server.

IMG_2144.JPG?psid=1

IMG_2149.JPG?psid=1

IMG_2156.JPG?psid=1

IMG_2159.JPG?psid=1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daleo1

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• ikon

Did you find any place in the BIOS to set the sleep state (S1, S3, etc.)? I didn't in my new Asus mobo. The system won't come out of sleep properly and I think this might be why.

You testing temps before installation of the H50?

Yea, seeing that Intel stock cooler on a Sabertooth mobo almost seems blasphemous.

You testing temps before installation of the H50?

Everyone kept talking about how cool the 2600 runs so I decided I would try it without the h50. Temps around 140 with the stock heatsink seem fine. Note I asked pcdoc about what the h50 cools his to for comparisons. I am keeping the h50 so I may go ahead and install it. Was waiting on pcdoc to respond though.

Did you find any place in the BIOS to set the sleep state (S1, S3, etc.)? I didn't in my new Asus mobo. The system won't come out of sleep properly and I think this might be why.

I haven't looked. The only way I have been able to get it out of sleep mode is by pressing the power button.

Maybe the iCage and H50 are for the summer months? ;-)

On the cage, that shouldn't have been in the picture. It was for a different computer.

Everyone kept talking about how cool the 2600 runs so I decided I would try it without the h50. Temps around 140 with the stock heatsink seem fine. Note I asked pcdoc about what the h50 cools his to for comparisons. I am keeping the h50 so I may go ahead and install it. Was waiting on pcdoc to respond though.

140F is cool? yikes! not happening in my builds.... just sayin' :)

140F is cool? yikes! not happening in my builds.... just sayin' :)

I never said cool. What is your at and how are you cooling it?