RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
efmrrt

HP 495 Media Collector

efmrrt

I'm trying to get the Media collector on the HP EX495 to collect pictures, videos and music. It is listed in the console under Media Collector, however, it shows that the computer that I'm trying to connect to is "Incomparable" The comupter I'm trying to connect to is named xxxx-multimedia and is a Windows 7 Ultimate OS. I've checked and shut off firewall, antivirus, and Spybot.

Am I over looking something?

diehard

Sounds like you might have the HP Media Collector software version 3.01 on the server and a lower version on the PC. Check that out. You might have to uninstall the PC version, then open your browser to http://servername:55000 and reinstall the HP connector and WHS connector.

efmrrt

Followed your advice and it shows that it is compatible.

Now the next question is - how do I get it to read from the computer listed above? If I hit reset data base, will that erase what was already collected?

gibster

Followed your advice and it shows that it is compatible.

Now the next question is - how do I get it to read from the computer listed above? If I hit reset data base, will that erase what was already collected?

It will reset the data base but when it's finished you will see that there is a long list of things it didn't copy because they are already on the machine. I noticed that after just installing my EX490 and playing around with the different settings. It doesn't recopy, just copies the new items that aren't on the machine.

gib