RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DQ67SW And citrix xenserver

MultiPASS

someone there have experience with DQ67SW and Citrix XenServer

Are you looking for someone with experience using XenServer on the DQ67SW hardware? There are other forum members using XenServer but you will probably have a tough time finding someone using that specific hardware AND Xenserver.

You right, but I will give it a try :)

I´am not sure the nic on DQ67SW - Intel 82579LM, are working around with xen.. I know esxi got some problems with it.

Edited by MultiPASS

I am running two Xenserver's, but neither are using that hardware. In my case, both are running AMD CPU's. Therefore I have no idea if that NIC will work, but I can say my experience is that Xenserver works with more NIC's than ESXi. That's actually the reason I went with Xen. I tried two different motherboards with ESXi, which was my first choice, but neither would install due to the issues with the onboard NIC. Xenserver installed on both without any issues.

If you already have the hardware, give it a try. Both software packages are free.

Haven’t bought it yet

I might be able to try installing XenServer if I can scrounge up a spare hard drive. I'm quite happy with the board thus far, despite its on-board NIC not working. That said, with ESXi, I can pass that NIC directly to a VM, allowing it to be used still. Also, that NIC supports KVM of the system right out of the box, even with ESXi not recognizing it.

I might be able to try installing XenServer if I can scrounge up a spare hard drive. I'm quite happy with the board thus far, despite its on-board NIC not working. That said, with ESXi, I can pass that NIC directly to a VM, allowing it to be used still. Also, that NIC supports KVM of the system right out of the box, even with ESXi not recognizing it.

it could be great :)

• 1 month later...