RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
brianmullins

WinAVI Blu-ray ripper - free license

ikon

http://www.techbarga...Item.cfm/248555

Get the WinAVI blu-ray ripper one-year license free for the next day.

Thanks for the info. Have you used it before. My A/V software flagged it as potentially harmful.

Dave

Hmmmmmm..... Broken engrish on da fron page? Makes me leery. iKon, did you get a license key?

ikon

Hmmmmmm..... Broken engrish on da fron page? Makes me leery. iKon, did you get a license key?

I got a message saying it would be emailed to me March 30. I downloaded the program then immediately scanned it with MSE. We'll see if a license actually arrives. Also, I may install it in a VM to isolate it.

Edited by ikon

Dave

I got a message saying it would be emailed to me March 30. I downloaded the program then immediately scanned it with MSE. We'll see if a license actually arrives. Also, I may install it in a VM to isolate it.

Did you download "DVD Ripper?" In it's description it doesn't mention Blu Ray once. Oh, nevermind, I went back and clicked downloads and see it. Still, that's kinda jicky if you ask me. Scan with something else to get a second opinion?

Dave

I got a license key via e-mail today. I also scanned it with MSE and it didn't find anything wrong with the download.

ikon

Did you download "DVD Ripper?" In it's description it doesn't mention Blu Ray once. Oh, nevermind, I went back and clicked downloads and see it. Still, that's kinda jicky if you ask me. Scan with something else to get a second opinion?

It gets worse. I got the license email today, as they said. However, it has an odd quirk of its own.

Here's the email I got:

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 03:59:07 -0400

To: "ponsa8" <ponsa8@yahoo.com>

Subject: WinAVI Blu-ray Ripper Giveaway

Dear Customer,

Thanks for joining WinAVI Blu-ray Ripper Giveaway. Below is your one-year license key. Please copyand paste the strings without any blank space on the left or right and make sure your computer isconnecting to Internet when you register. Please note this license key must be activated beforeApril 1st, 2011, or it will be expired.

Product: WinAVI Blu-ray Ripper

Active email: giveaway@winavi.com

Active code: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope this program can make your life more colorful and you can also give us comments.If you want to know about more details of WinAVI Blu-ray Ripper or more multimedia products, pleasevisit our official website: http://www.winavi.com

Regards,

WinAVI Blu-ray Team

support@winavi.com

www.winavi.com

First, I blocked out the Active Code.

Now, notice the address on the To line of the header. You got it, that is not even close to my email address. Why would someone spoof an email addy for a legit offer?

And you have to activate by April 1? Within 2 days? Hmmmm.

This looks shadier and shadier.

I got a license key via e-mail today. I also scanned it with MSE and it didn't find anything wrong with the download.

Do you want to compare keys to see if they're identical?

brianmullins

Well, this is all fabulous...

My license email got flagged as spam.

Ikon, I can compare keys too, if you want.

Edited by brianmullins

ikon

Well, this is all fabulous...

My license email got flagged as spam.

Ikon, I can compare keys too, if you want.

Let's do it like credit card purchases: the last 4 digits of mine are 101f :rolleyes:

brianmullins

Let's do it like credit card purchases: the last 4 digits of mine are 101f :rolleyes:

Yep, mine too...I'll PM you the rest.

BTW, mine came via a strange email address, too.

Edited by brianmullins