RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Current active technet sub discount codes?

vinylfreak

I was finally able to access my TechNet sub download library this morning. Yeah!

Quick question?? I was under the impression that TechNet used Microsoft's File Transfer Manager to download the iso files. I installed the latest version of FTM.

When I went to download the installer for WHS 2011 I told it to open the file with FTM but my FF4 browser down-loader kicked in.

FTM opened, but it did nothing.

Is this normal from within FF4, or do I have some thing configured wrong??

I really haven't used FTM since the Win 7 beta.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vinylfreak

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• jmwills

• ikon

I was finally able to access my TechNet sub download library this morning. Yeah!

Quick question?? I was under the impression that TechNet used Microsoft's File Transfer Manager to download the iso files. I installed the latest version of FTM.

When I went to download the installer for WHS 2011 I told it to open the file with FTM but my FF4 browser down-loader kicked in.

FTM opened, but it did nothing.

Is this normal from within FF4, or do I have some thing configured wrong??

I really haven't used FTM since the Win 7 beta.

Just a quick update in case any one is interested.

I ended up accessing Tech Net though IE9 and File Transfer Manager worked fine.

It must have been a FF4 thing.

OK This is M$ at its finest. I activated my TechNet key on 4-5-11. M$ documentation stated I would be receiving a Welcome e-mail with my user ID.

I got the Welcome e-mail about an hour ago.

It stated that it was time to activate my TechNet subscription. I just needed to enter my name / e-mail and user id # that was sent to me in the Welcome e-mail.

I did this 3 different times. I received error codes all 3 times.

I called TechNet customer service. CS told me it usually takes 3-6 business days for the Subscription to be Active. She suggested I would probably have access by Monday 4-11-11!!??

I pointed out to customer service that my expiration date for my TechNet subscription was posted as 4-5-12, exactly a year from when I entered my subscription key. I questioned why my subscription wouldn't expire a year from when I actually had access to TechNet rather than a year from when the key was entered? CS rep stated its just standard procedure to wait 3 to 6 business days.

So far I'm Not impressed with the TechNet experience. :angry:

Is this normal procedure???

I bought mine on 4/5/11 as well and had the exact experience.

PS I am using IE8 and when I select the download link it automatically opens FTM.

I bought mine on 4/5/11 as well and had the exact experience.

PS I am using IE8 and when I select the download link it automatically opens FTM.

As stated, if you use a browser other than IE, it will use the browser's download manager. That is a good thing for me when at work since we block the ability for IE's FTM.

I remember when I got my Technet subscription I was ticked about the same thing, exactly. Why did it take so long for the activation to actually work, ans why did my year expire to the day I purchased it instead of the day I could actually begin using it. I got over it since I've more than received my money's worth, but it is still crap. <_<

As stated, if you use a browser other than IE, it will use the browser's download manager. That is a good thing for me when at work since we block the ability for IE's FTM.

I remember when I got my Technet subscription I was ticked about the same thing, exactly. Why did it take so long for the activation to actually work, ans why did my year expire to the day I purchased it instead of the day I could actually begin using it. I got over it since I've more than received my money's worth, but it is still crap. dry.gif

I agree. The hole mailing of a key and the more wait time is crap. Just email me the key so I can get started immediately.