RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Current active technet sub discount codes?

vinylfreak

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vinylfreak

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• jmwills

• ikon

[media][/media]

Here is what the Retail packaging looks like for the Standard TechNet sub.

Its about half the size of regular software packaging.

No media inside. Just your License key.

Link didn't work for me.

I still say it is stupid that they send you by mail, the licens key. Haven't they heard of email?

Link didn't work for me.

I still say it is stupid that they send you by mail, the licens key. Haven't they heard of email?

Sorry I was messing with the link. Wanted just to get the image to show up instead of a link. (any idea?):blink:

I'm pretty sure if you actually go through MS to get your TechNet sub they do e-mail you a key.

Sorry I was messing with the link. Wanted just to get the image to show up instead of a link. (any idea?):blink:

I'm pretty sure if you actually go through MS to get your TechNet sub they do e-mail you a key.

I believe all you have to do is select the "insert image" link (second icon to the right of the smiley face right below the text size box) and then past the link in there.

I believe all you have to do is select the "insert image" link (second icon to the right of the smiley face right below the text size box) and then past the link in there.

yeah I tried the insert image and the insert media neither worked, it just displayed the link.

I'm sure its just a loose nut on my keyboard or something. B)

Vinylfreak - I fixed the image for you. You originally linked to your web page that was displaying your picture. I went to that page and then grabbed the URL to the photo itself (right click on the photo and copy image location). I edited your post so the picture is now there.

Vinylfreak - I fixed the image for you. You originally linked to your web page that was displaying your picture. I went to that page and then grabbed the URL to the photo itself (right click on the photo and copy image location). I edited your post so the picture is now there.

Thanks!

For fixing that, and the education.

;)

I am a current Mircosoft partner, and am wondering if anyone here on the forum can tell me the difference between that and just a technet subscription, and more importantly is it worthwhile? I work from home as a consultant, but am considering the whole system builder avenue. I assume I cannot be a system builder without being a Mircosoft partner?

OK This is M$ at its finest. I activated my TechNet key on 4-5-11. M$ documentation stated I would be receiving a Welcome e-mail with my user ID.

I got the Welcome e-mail about an hour ago.

It stated that it was time to activate my TechNet subscription. I just needed to enter my name / e-mail and user id # that was sent to me in the Welcome e-mail.

I did this 3 different times. I received error codes all 3 times.

I called TechNet customer service. CS told me it usually takes 3-6 business days for the Subscription to be Active. She suggested I would probably have access by Monday 4-11-11!!??

I pointed out to customer service that my expiration date for my TechNet subscription was posted as 4-5-12, exactly a year from when I entered my subscription key. I questioned why my subscription wouldn't expire a year from when I actually had access to TechNet rather than a year from when the key was entered? CS rep stated its just standard procedure to wait 3 to 6 business days.

So far I'm Not impressed with the TechNet experience. :angry:

Is this normal procedure???

A couple of days is normal but I bought mine through the TechNet site with a discounted code; associated with Windows Live ID and away I went. If you bought thru a third party, a little wait for authentication may be needed.