RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Blu-Ray Drive Software

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anyone know if you can use a different player on a blu-ray drive than what came with it. I have an LG drive that came with PowerDVD and I hate it. Curious if I could just install the drivers for the drive and then use TMT 5 as the player for it. I think the big question is with the handshakes and I don't know if that is done in the drivers or the software.

Anyone know if you can use a different player on a blu-ray drive than what came with it. I have an LG drive that came with PowerDVD and I hate it. Curious if I could just install the drivers for the drive and then use TMT 5 as the player for it. I think the big question is with the handshakes and I don't know if that is done in the drivers or the software.

Your LG drive should not be software dependent for BluRay playback. You should be able to use Cyberlink , ArcSoft, Corell etc.... software with the LG drive. My LG drive came with a dumbed down version of PowerDVD. It was crap.

I use TMT5 with my LG GGC - H20L, it works very well. If you use Media Center, TMT5 integrates very nicely.

That is great news. Thanks for the reply.

Yes I plan to use MC, thus the specific question for TMT5.

No problem at all, that is just a freebie and advertisement so you will buy their full package which forces you to ISO or other single file formats. TMT is a much better choice.