RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSD RAID drivers

great circle

pcdoc mentioned in his blog on "When fast is not fast enough" that the latest intel raid drivers were supporting trim.

Which version is the latest for trim support?

I have a P8P67 board and the ASUS site offers a IRST 10.1.0.1008.

pcdoc mentioned in his blog on "When fast is not fast enough" that the latest intel raid drivers were supporting trim.

Which version is the latest for trim support?

I have a P8P67 board and the ASUS site offers a IRST 10.1.0.1008.

Correction, there maybe some incorrect information in the Intel file. I may have been mislead and they may not support RAID 0.

Correction, there maybe some incorrect information in the Intel file. I may have been mislead and they may not support RAID 0.

Last I read the 9.x drivers support trim in raid mode (bios) but not in a raid array. In other word ssds can't be part of an array and still support trim. However I have not seen any release notes on the 10.x divers.

The link also explains that Intel messed up in the help file which is probably why people thought the trim was supported in RAID.

Edited by Lurker

Last I read the 9.x drivers support trim in raid mode (bios) but not in a raid array. In other word ssds can't be part of an array and still support trim. However I have not seen any release notes on the 10.x divers.

The link also explains that Intel messed up in the help file which is probably why people thought the trim was supported in RAID.

Thanks for info. It has been even more confusing in their 10.1.0.1008 release as that was one feature several review sites said was being incorporated. It is still nor 100% clear to me if it does. Doing a command prompt check shows it is enabled however I can not tell which drive it is checking as I have an SSD as an OS drive as well.