RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Graphics Card for WHS 2011

PJDev

Guest no-control

I wonder if there is a way we could get pcdoc to take a brain/mind dump right here on the forums. If that is possible, I am sure the rest of us would live to roll around in it and possibly even consume enough of it that it makes us sick. It seems he has so much to share it would be a very large dump, enough that all of us could play around in it at once and there would be enough for all. Most of us wouldn't even feel the need to shower after playing around in it.

blink.gif

unsure.gif

huh.gif

The main issue with ripping BD is not processing (unless you are recoding to a lower bit rate or changing the format) but usually the speed of the ripper. Most are locked at 2.3x so the average time for ripping is about what you are getting. The only way to speed things up is to have a faster BD drive with modified firmware (such as the lighton units) so that data can be extracted faster. You are only as fast as your weakest link.

Dang, now you tell me :)

I just ordered an ASUS 2X DB-ROM, EXTERNAL, SLIM , USB blu-ray reader. I wonder whose drives they use in them?

Dang, now you tell me :)

I just ordered an ASUS 2X DB-ROM, EXTERNAL, SLIM , USB blu-ray reader. I wonder whose drives they use in them?

Well, maybe you can get 2.3x reads out of your 2.0x drive with an updated firmware. :)