RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Graphics Card

JDLucas

Needing to upgrade an HP desktop w/Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450. Will be installing an Intel 120G SSD along with upgrading the memory from 4G to 8G but the bottle neck seems to be the graphics card. Won't be doing any gaming just editing digital photo files using Photoshop and Lightroom. The installed graphics card is a GeForce 9500 GS which came with the desktop and shows a 5.3 computer score.

Considering a GeForce GT 440 at around $70-$80, not sure if this is the best choice for my use. I think anything would be better than the 9500 GS, any suggestions? :huh:

Needing to upgrade an HP desktop w/Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450. Will be installing an Intel 120G SSD along with upgrading the memory from 4G to 8G but the bottle neck seems to be the graphics card. Won't be doing any gaming just editing digital photo files using Photoshop and Lightroom. The installed graphics card is a GeForce 9500 GS which came with the desktop and shows a 5.3 computer score.

Considering a GeForce GT 440 at around $70-$80, not sure if this is the best choice for my use. I think anything would be better than the 9500 GS, any suggestions? :huh:

CS4 and CS5 both have GPU support. Have you thought about the GTS 450? I have one and I really like it with an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200. For just $30 more you get twice the processor cores of the 440 you are looking into and six times the 32 you have now. If you can save up a little more, and have the space in your case and connector on your PSU, I would suggest the 450.

100_4822.jpg

Edited by Daleo1

Guest no-control

I agree with Tim I would shoot a little higher for something with more CUDA cores in it. GTS450 would be minimum. GTX460 would be better. The more you can offload onto the GPU the better.