RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HD over the air via HDHomeRun [Do more with less]

HartmannTech.com

So you have decided to see if you can record Over the air [OTA] HD channels and cancel your cable. If you are reading this post chances are that you already have a HomeServer and with PP3 you can have your Windows Media Center record shows off-loaded to the HomeServer.

The HDHomeRun device is a network based capture card and it is one of the more revolutionary devices I have see in a while. No need to have a capture card in each PC. Why not have a networked based capture card?.

I hope you find this post helpful.
http://hartmanntech.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-way-to-record-over-air-hd.html

I've been wanting to get an HDHR for months now. Two days ago it was $126 on Amazon, so I get up this morning
ready to buy one just to find out they bumped up the price to $146. :-(
One may say, "it's just another $20", but how do you pay more knowing that it was $20 cheaper just a day ago?
I guess I'll just have to wait until the price comes down again.

Does anyone know of any good deals on an HDHR out there?
Let's use this thread to post whatever deal you find on HDHR .

Thanks everyone,

Silvio.

Hartmanntech,
Thanks for the write up and for the feedback. I have been looking closely at that device and may just have to pull the trigger to see what I get here OTA. The unit looks ideal and since I have two HTPC and a laptop I use for media, this would fit the bill nicely. Thanks.

Cskenney, thank you for the suggestion.
I just purchased my HDHomeRun at ritzcamera.com. I had been looking for it with a reasonable price all over and I guess I just missed Ritz Camera.

Thanks again

Silvio

Silvio - you are welcome. I have come across good deals thanks to forum posts in the past so I am always trying to find deals that I think others might be able to take advantage of.

I also already own a HDHomerun or I would have been all over that deal, too.

The Shack was running them for under $100 on black Friday. Hoping to see that again soon. Although, with all the free pub we have given it, we might have driven the price up!

Keep posting deals if you see them!