RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Access - Controlling remote computer

Don W

I finally got remote access working but now when I log in remotely I can see the folders Home and shared folders but I see no way to remotely control the server or other pc's. When I set up the user for remote access I clicked the option for remote access of computers. What else do I need to do???

Thanks

Don

Make sure each pc is enabled for remote. Right click my computer, properties, advanced, remote. That should do it for the PC's. The server is only accessible via the console from remote.

• Like 1

Make sure that you are using IE to view it. Last I checked, the remote part was hidden for other browsers.

Also, i believe your whs-website needs to be in the "trusted zones" group for the activex component to install.

Also, i believe your whs-website needs to be in the "trusted zones" group for the activex component to install.

And.......... make sure that pc's you are trying to connect to are not listed as being connected to a public network. MAke sure it is either work/home.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I finally got remote access working but now when I log in remotely I can see the folders Home and shared folders but I see no way to remotely control the server or other pc's. When I set up the user for remote access I clicked the option for remote access of computers. What else do I need to do???

Thanks

Don

You can access it remote desktop connection (RDC) application or try it accessing via IE(any browser). If still you`re facing any problem please feel free to leave it in comment box our expert team will personally look into this issue :) 

Adrian Gates

Sr. System Admin - CloudDesktopOnline