RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Stuxnet: real life sci-fi stuff

dvn

If you haven't heard of Stuxnet, check out Security Now 291. This stuff is amazing, and eye-opening. Among other things, Steve talks about how the worm detects various AV's running on the host system down to the versions and is able to circumnavigate them.

*If you do comment on this, please remember our forum policy to steer clear of politics. There's certainly plenty of tech there to talk about. Thanks. I'd be interested in what anyone has to say about this.

I find it somewhat amusing that someone admitted we are using this technology. Part of the game is to keep the enemy guessing.

I have been keeping track of this over the last few weeks. It's interesting in that Iran knows

only a few countries are capable, and have the desire to develop Stuxnet. Also, that Siemens

was possibly in collusion with them? I need to catch up on some references to some basic mistakes

that were made in the programming that would have made it even more dangerous.

I need to catch up on some references to some basic mistakesthat were made in the programming that would have made it even more dangerous.

Running a 10 year-old OS certainly isn't helping anything I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...