RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New iPhone user

dvn

Just bought an iPhone 4 today and promptly traded it for my daughter's 3GS. Nice dad, eh? She thinks so. ;) Anyways, I'm really liking the Audible.com app that let's me dl the NY Times daily without going through the convoluted procedure I used to go through to get it onto my Zune. And I see that I can use bookmarks, something that my Zune HD didn't allow for.

They are nice. I have 1 4 and 1 3GS right now and will upagrade the 3GS in July when the next version comes out. As for iTunes, I still do not like even though I use it on iPad and iPhone and soon with the iPad 2.

• 3 weeks later...

With the recent news of a possible delay of iPhone 5 hardware I'm thinking about jumping back to the 4 with Verizon. I think I'll call them today and see if they will do a 1 year contract. I've seen some posts where they will do it for a little extra cash upfront. I'm on the HTC Incredible right now and they are going for about $200 on Craigslist in my area so the jump won't be very painful on the wallet. I need to take a serious look at how i use my DINC and what I'll be able to do better on the 4 or not be able to do on the 4. Need to run through my app list.

Shot down in flames! I called a small independent VZW store and they didn't have stock and said "this store" can only do two year contracts. So I thought it might be possible. I called an official company store and they had stock and said sure, they can do a 1 year contract but it would cost more upfront. I was excited at that point and asked how much exactly? He said, I dunno let me check. He came back and said, ooops, Verizon has a contract with Apple and they can't sell on 1 year contracts. Sounds fishy as I would think Apple wouldn't care how many handsets are sold since it benefits them. It might be VZW's policy though. Time permitting I'll call around some more.

With the recent news of a possible delay of iPhone 5 hardware I'm thinking about jumping back to the 4 with Verizon. I think I'll call them today and see if they will do a 1 year contract. I've seen some posts where they will do it for a little extra cash upfront. I'm on the HTC Incredible right now and they are going for about $200 on Craigslist in my area so the jump won't be very painful on the wallet. I need to take a serious look at how i use my DINC and what I'll be able to do better on the 4 or not be able to do on the 4. Need to run through my app list.

Dual Income No Child(ren)?????

But you have Child(ren)!

Ha. Was trying to be hip like the young 'uns!

Called another VZW store. Nogo on the 1 yr contract. Bummer. Looks like I'll get a Kin like Martis. ;)

Why are you moving from the incredible? It (Android) is the best option out there right now.

What about the new Thunderbolt...if you have LTE in your area you will have greater speeds. Also, the larger screen is much beter IMO than the size of the iPhone.

Why are you moving from the incredible? It (Android) is the best option out there right now.

Good question. I have been waiting for the next iteration of iphone and hopefully it will have a larger screen. Since it looks like it will be delayed I wouldn't mind going to the 4 until it comes out. Even if it came out in the fall a one year contract would only make me wait until the spring for the newer device. Alas, no 1 year contracts from vZw so I guess I'll wait.

Biggest reason, apps and camera. The iphone camera is far superior to the DINC and I like how i can use the ipad and iphone as a tandem. Otherwise, I'm super happy with android.

Thunderbolt looks like a great option but I don't have LTE in my area although I do travel a lot and it would be handy. It's always an option. Considering it on a 1 year term as well.

Shot down in flames! I called a small independent VZW store and they didn't have stock and said "this store" can only do two year contracts. So I thought it might be possible. I called an official company store and they had stock and said sure, they can do a 1 year contract but it would cost more upfront. I was excited at that point and asked how much exactly? He said, I dunno let me check. He came back and said, ooops, Verizon has a contract with Apple and they can't sell on 1 year contracts. Sounds fishy as I would think Apple wouldn't care how many handsets are sold since it benefits them. It might be VZW's policy though. Time permitting I'll call around some more.

Only corporate VZW stores can do one year agreements. I'm not surprised that VZW won't do 1 year on the iPhone as I believe AT&T is/was the same way. This takes the iPhone out of contention for me as I prefer 1 year agreement but I have to say I've been thoroughly happy with my Incredible. I had the original Droid and then the Droid 2 before it and was not too happy with those. THe only thing I wish were different on the Incredible is the charging port. It makes it awkward to use when its plugged in.